Dr. med. univ. Mag. Sophie Chabert
Dr. Sophie Chabert is a general practitioner as well as a clinical psychologist and health psychologist.
As a clinical psychologist, she worked in various departments at Vienna General Hospital in patient care (burn medicine, transplantation, nephrology, tumour outpatient department of the eye clinic). During this time she also published several scientific papers on the topic of living kidney donation and quality of life in patients with uveal melanoma.
After finishing her medical studies and completing her internship (Sankt Elisabeth Hospital, Rudolfstiftung Hospital, training practice with Dr. Peter Voitl – specialist in paediatrics), it quickly became clear that her great love was general medicine, a subject in which medicine and psychology can be combined.
In order to broaden this spectrum, she completed her training as an emergency doctor, followed by further training in acupuncture and nutritional counselling.
Since 2015, Dr. Mag. Chabert has worked as a substitute doctor, since 2019 she has been a practising doctor and since 2020 she has also worked as an elective doctor in the Neustift practice.
Education and career:
- Nutritionist since 2017 (ÖAK diploma in nutritional medicine)
- Emergency doctor since 2016 (ÖAK diploma emergency doctor)
- 2011-2012: Training in Acupuncture and Shonishin, (ÖAK- Diploma Acupuncture, Shoninshin practitioner)
- 2001-2003: Training as a clinical psychologist and health psychologist
- 1995-2005: Medical studies at the Medical Faculty of Vienna
- 1994-2000: Psychology studies at the University of Vienna